- Is medical grade compression important?
All Solidea products are quality tested so you can be sure you’re getting what you paid for. Solidea Pregnancy and Recovery garments range from 12mmHg to 18-21mmHg compression. Lymphoedema garments and travel socks also come in Class 2 (23-32mmHg) and Class 3 (34-46mmHg) compression. If you require assistance to determine the right level of compression, speak to your healthcare provider or contact us via email@example.com
- When should I start wearing my Solidea Pregnancy shorts?
You can wear your Solidea Pregnancy shorts throughout your pregnancy. If you would like to begin wearing your shorts before the end of your first trimester we recommend that you speak to your healthcare provider. Solidea Pregnancy shorts are designed to support your belly as your baby grows so they may feel a bit loose over the belly before you start to show.
- Can I sleep in my Solidea Pregnancy shorts, stockings and leggings?
You can wear your Solidea Pregnancy shorts, stockings and leggings all day long but they are usually not required overnight. If you require support overnight have a look at the Solidea Night Wellness stockings.
- Should I wear Pregnancy shorts if I have varicose veins in the lower leg?
We recommend that you wear Solidea Pregnancy stockings or Pregnancy leggings if you have varicose veins in the lower legs. Both garments provide graduated medical compression to promote circulation and minimise pain and swelling associated with varicose veins.
If you require further assistance regarding the most appropriate product please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When can I start wearing my Solidea Recovery shorts or Abdominal band?
You can begin wearing your Solidea Recovery shorts and Abdominal band as soon as you are comfortable following delivery.
Following vaginal delivery most women are comfortable wearing their Recovery garments from Day 1-2, following Caesarean section women often wait a few extra days for their tummy pain to subside. Ask your Doctor, Midwife or Physiotherapist if you have any concerns.
- How long can I wear my Solidea Recovery shorts / Abdominal band following delivery?
As long as you like!
Evidence suggests that compression during the first 6 weeks after delivery is important for soft tissue healing. However, it is important to remember that your body changed over a period of months so you can continue to wear your Solidea Recovery shorts /Abdominal band even when you have returned to normal activity as shape wear.
- I have Solidea Recovery shorts / Abdominal band following a previous pregnancy. Can I wear them during pregnancy?
If you need support during pregnancy have a look at the Solidea Pregnancy shorts, stockings and/or leggings.
- How do Solidea Pregnancy and Recovery shorts differ from the others?
All Solidea garments are manufactured in Italy. The selection of premium raw materials, investment in cutting-edge technology and strict quality controls ensures the quality of each garment.
Solidea Pregnancy shorts
- Have a high waist that lifts the weight of the baby up and in minimising back and pelvic joint pain.
- Are tested and provide proven 12mmHg compression.
- Provide better support for pubic symphysis pain and varicose veins.
- Are made out of a breathable light-weight material
Solidea Recovery shorts
- The patented material provides compression (~12mmHg) specifically designed to improve healing and recovery after childbirth.
- The material is breathable – unlike other products made from Lycra.
- Cost a fraction of the price
- How tight should my shorts feel?
Your shorts should feel firm but comfortable. Use the sizing charts available to select the right size. Your garment will adapt to your shape after a few wears.
Give the thigh bands a stretch before putting on your Solidea Pregnancy and Recovery shorts.
- I have stitches. How soon can I start wearing my Solidea Recovery shorts?
As soon as you are comfortable. Compression will help recovery and healing so the sooner you can get your Solidea Recovery shorts or Abdominal band on the better. All Solidea garments are manufactured from high quality yarns that are extremely breathable – providing medical grade compression without making you sweat.
- How do I care for my Solidea garments?
- Sit down when putting on and taking off your shorts, stockings and leggings.
- Pull your garment on one foot at a time.
- Slide up both legs gradually.
- Make sure your shorts, stockings and leggings fit snuggly under your crotch before pulling them up over the belly.
- Be careful of your fingernails and jewellery to prevent snags.
- Place your garment in a delicates bag when washing.
- Lie flat to dry. Do not tumble dry.
- Do not iron.
- Do not use softeners or bleach.
- Are Solidea products TGA listed?
Solidea compression garments are registered on the Australia Register of Therapeutic Goods. For more information please go to www.tga.gov.au
- Where are Solidea garments manufactured?
All Solidea garments are manufactured by Calzificio Pinelli in a purpose factory just outside of Milan, Italy.
- Are there any studies that demonstrate the effectiveness of the Solidea range?
Have a look at the articles published on www.solidea.com
- What colours do the Solidea range come in?
The Solidea Pregnancy and Recovery range come in both Nude and Black.
Solidea compression stockings come in a range of different colours to suit everyones taste. For a full list of colours email email@example.com
- Why are Solidea Pregnancy and Recovery shorts relatively cheap compared to others?
The better question is why are the other brands so expensive?
At Solidea, we do everything we can to keep costs down to ensure our garments are affordable for all women. That way we can pass the savings back to you.