Mother’s Day is the annual celebration honouring the mother of the family as well as motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. In Australia, we celebrate Mother’s Day on the second Sunday in May.
Mother’s Day is not only an opportunity to demonstrate your love, affection and appreciation for your mum; it is also a time to reflect on what it means to become a mum, being a new mum and the amazing journey that motherhood is.
If you’re not sure how to celebrate this Mother’s Day, here are some ideas:
- Who doesn’t love flowers? Unfortunately flowers are often left only to special days, such as Birthdays, Anniversaries and Valentine’s day. A big bunch of colourful blooms is sure to make your mum feel great! Did you know that pink Carnations are particularly symbolic of Mother’s Day?
- Breakfasts, brunches, lunches, afternoon teas and dinners are a great way to celebrate Mother’s Day. A High-tea of scones, finger sandwiches and pastries is the perfect way to spend quality time with your mum. If that’s not your thing, try a picnic in the park!
- There are a number of organised walks and fun-runs to raise money for charities on Mother’s Day. If your not feeling that energetic simply switch off your devices and go for a walk. It’s the best way to get some fresh air and truly enjoy your mum’s company. As the conversation flows, time will pass and you will click over your 10000 steps with ease.
- If exercise really isn’t your thing, try a spa treatment. You can both sit in a massage chair and get pampered with a mani/pedi. Bonus – you’ll have great looking nails for a couple of weeks!!
- If all else fails, who doesn’t love chocolate? Get you mum some lovely choccies and a handmade card to show her how much you love her.
- For those expectant mums or new mums, have you considered a pair of Solidea Pregnancy shorts and/or Recovery shorts? Designed to help you look good and feel great, these Compression shorts will ensure you glow during pregnancy and enjoy the first weeks of motherhood.
To all those mothers out there, we hope you have a great day. Happy Mother’s Day!!